Tomorrow I'm leaving for NY. My flight is not until 7:40 pm but I'm thinking about staying up all night so that I can just sleep through the flight. The problem is, would I be able to stay awake until then? I've got a busy day ahead of me and am not sure if I can manage it. Oh, how I dread these long flights!

By the way, last week I went to an interesting movie set. The movie is called SEOUL RAIDERS. It's a Hong Kong action flick, sort of a sequel to TOKYO RAIDERS, starring Tony Leung. I was having tea with an actress friend of mine and she said she was visiting the set that night. So I asked to join her.

They were shooting inside a subway station. They even had a train (subways run until midnight in Korea). Now that's the first time, I hear that the city is providing a movie production with a real train. Apparently, the city of Seoul is giving them full support. I remember reading about Tony Leung's photo op with the Mayor of Seoul. I guess he's star-struck.

I wonder if the Mayor of Busan is star-struck, too. :) Well, Busan is very supportive of film production so I shouldn't worry about that.

What was interesting about the production that night was, the Hong Kong crew were extremely fast. They seemed efficient as well. The Korean crew have a reputation of being very slow. Often they run late and end up shooting for 2 days in a row with a few breaks in between. That seems out of question for us because we'll have to follow the rules of SAG (Screen Actors Guild), which is, I think you can't shoot more than 12 hrs a day or you'll have to pay them overtime.

Also, there was naturally a language barrier on the set and I'm sure we'll encounter the same problems. Then, how many crew members are we going to bring from overseas? How many should we bring? There are so many to worry about already. We certainly need a good line producer. I mean, really good.

So, did I meet Tony Leung? Well, my actress friend managed to say hello and talk with him briefly. Not me though. By the time I was about to be introduced, he had to shoot. And I didn't want to bother him. But we nodded at each other silently moments later. That was kinda cool.





Comments

Popular Posts