Had I known it would take this long, would I have started this project in the first place? Probably not. But then it's no fun making a film so easy.

It's been over eight months since I came out here in Korea (I went back to the States back in April and May for 3 weeks). I thought my coming here would expedite the process. I guess it has in a way but we're still several months away from filming.

That is good news though!!! That means we're really making a movie.

My producers Pliny Porter and Henri Kessler came out here during the Pusan International Film Festival last month and it was a great success. Still needing 20% of our budget from Korea, we were able to pique a lot of interest. We may close a deal very shortly.

Casting-wise, we're making progress, too. Ryan Phillippe, Jared Harris and Jeffrey Wright are all showing strong interest and we're trying to close deals with them. So, if everything goes well according to our plan, we should be shooting next March in the port city of Pusan, Korea.

This week, I gotta help our local producer with a new budget (as always, lower the costs) and do a quick rewrite of the script. I have to put in a chase scene. Thank God it's not a car chase. Otherwise, forget about reducing the budget. I have some nice new ideas for the script anyway.

By the way, another nice article on Expats came out in the Korea Herald last week. As a result, I got phone calls from expats last week who want to be in my movie. I thought that was funny. Actually, we need some local foreign actors for smaller roles. Lots of Russians for sure.



Comments

Popular Posts