A cool article about EXPATS is out on slate.com.

Last week, during the Pusan International Film Festival, I met with
Rolf Potts, a travel writer and author who used to be an expat in Pusan 8 years ago. We met via e-mails a while ago as I was doing research for the film and have kept in touch since then. Of course, he kept asking me when we would be going into production and as always, I'd say this coming fall or spring. Even though it kept being pushed, he decided to come visit me in Korea anyway.

Well, it's nice to know I'm not the only one interested in the expatriate scene and that it is worthwhile to pursue this movie.

BTW, last night I hit the Texas Street with Rolf and man, how fun that was! Even though the place we went to (Hollywood Club) was empty (meaning there was no rowdy Russian sailor), it was still a good time to visit the place where upon entering it for the first time, I knew I was destined to make this movie.

Comments

Popular Posts