The 4th week of the year is about to begin. Sundance Film Festival is going on right now in Park City, Utah. Well, would I be there next year with my film? We shall see.

Tomorrow (Monday), the construction on the new office should be done and finally, my production company 24/7 Pictures will be operational. I've started interviewing some bilingual people for my assistant position. I guess things are going smoothly so far.

Or am I selling out and going corporate? Would the Bohemian side of me be still there when I make some tough decisions about what kind of movies we should make? Bohemian... such a fancy word.

Tonight I saw the film version of RENT. It was so weird seeing it here in Korea because I could've been one of the characters in it. I mean, I was a struggling artist in East Village, religiously reading the Village Voice and going to Film Forum and Cinema Village for some B&W classics. I was even kicked out of my studio on 5th Street. That person 15 years ago would've never left New York. But here I am, whether or not I like it, out of New York like it's some old girlfriend who's in your thought intermittently.

Back to present. No news on the casting front. We'll get an answer one way or another by Tuesday. If the actor we made an offer to hasn't read it, we're still going to move on. We just can't wait forever.

Comments

Popular Posts