My Hollywood adventure continues. Today I met with an actress/writer friend of mine Kate Connor for coffee in West Hollywood. As we were talking about Jeremy Piven (who showed interest in her script that's going to be filmed later this year), guess who showed up! Jeremy Piven himself.

A great actor. I like anything he does. His role in ENTOURAGE as an agent is priceless. I remember, last January, I tried to see his play FAT PIG in New York but it was completely sold out. Even the stand-by tickets as my girlfriend and I had to be turned away.

Anyhow, he's not only a brilliant actor but it turns out he's a nice person, too. I told him a little about my project and he said he wanted to read it. I was going to send him the script through his agent but he said, skip it. "I'll give you my number. Call me directly." How cool is that! How many actors can do that trusting the other person's discretion?

By the way, it was a gorgeous day in Southern California. If I knew how to drive (and had a car), I would've cancelled all my meetings today, taken off and gone to Malibu or something. I guess me taking a bus everywhere in Los Angeles is a good thing after all.

Comments

Popular Posts