Just saw Delirious on DVD.

It made me nostalgic about 90's in NY although the film was made in 2006. I think it's because it was directed by Tom Dicillo, one of the NY indie filmmakers of the 90's. I could consider him among my colleagues although he's far more proven and more prolific. Hey, at least, I made a film in the 90's in NY when indie filmmaking was happening and there's a sense of excitement back then.

Nostalgia is a scary thing. Here we are, a decade later, I'm in Korea, without having directed a film in almost 9 years. And he's struggling to get his next movie made.

I guess he didn't sell out and I didn't get a chance to sell out.

I applaud him for trying. He goes out there and hustles. Me, I'm being scared. And confused. Am I still living in the shadow of my youth?

At least, I'm aware... of where I am in my life. If I went to film school in my early 20's, I feel like I went to life school in my 30's. I feel like I'm seeing the end of the tunnel. It's almost there.


Picture: Last night, I goofed around w/ some friends and put on a friend's fluffy headset. At least, I haven't lost my smile. :)

Comments

Popular Posts