Yesterday I went to see "I Like My Lover's Wife, Too." Wait! That's the Korean title of "Vicky Cristina Barcelona." Yes, when I first heard of the Korean title, I thought it was some cheesy Korean indie flick. But I guess, the distributor felt the original title didn't have enough hook so they must've decided to lure the audience thinking it's an erotic threesome movie.

Well, in a way, it is an erotic threesome movie. Erotic but without nudity or graphic sex scenes. The premise is a perverse one but somehow Woody Allen knows how to make light out of it.

Watching a Woody Allen flick in Korea, especially the one taking place in Spain is a weird experience. Once I saw Manhattan in Paris but back then, I lived in New York. Though I never met him, he used to represent part of my New York. Now I moved on. He kinda moved on. There's something bittersweet about seeing American expats in Spain through Woody Allen's eyes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
like kiss me again?
jstele said…
Well, Korean moviegoers did not get it as showings for this movie have declined. Maybe they did not get the bisexuality? Or think it's weird?

Popular Posts