Sex and the City: The Movie.

It opened huge in the States but the IMDB rating is a ridiculous 3.8. Well, men hate this film (as well as the series) and women love it. Women in their 20's are just nuts about it while the teenage girls don't give a damn about it. Again, men just hate it. I wonder if they've actually seen the film. Are they intimidated? Why this divide?

For someone who's watched the entire series (I had to because I was doing a research on the women obsessed with the show and fell in love with it), I'm looking forward to seeing the film version although I wonder if it is suited for the big screen.

The film opens here in Korea next week and I am curious to see if it will also divide the male and female. Interestingly, the  Korean movie going audience is already made up of mostly young women. Is it going to be huge here? Will women make a noise? Will men hate it religiously? Stay tuned!

Ratings Breakdown Demographics (IMDB)
• All votes 3.8
Males 3.0
Females 7.1
• Aged under 18 3.9
Males 3.6
Females 4.6
• Aged 18-29 4.0
Males 3.0
Females 7.8
• Aged 30-44 3.3
Males 2.8
Females 7.0
• Aged 45+ 2.7
Males 2.5
Females 3.8
• Top 1000 voters 2.5
• US users 3.7
• Non-US users 3.9

Comments

kelvinwong said…
So when might we see CHAW out? Any North American distribution? Sounds like an "eat or be eaten" campy horror/thriller?

How is writing for The Stupid Girl coming along? Your plan to write that and perhaps getting that movie done first sounds good---then you can take that momentum to advance the Expats project.

Turning 40 was not all that bad, was it? I turned 40 last year and am really looking forward to my 5th decade in life ... cheers!
Unknown said…
CHAW will be coming out in Korea this December. I don't know when it will hit the international market though.

5th decade in life... I like that.

Popular Posts