Saw Michael Clayton two days ago. I was quite impressed. The film looked like and reminded me of some of Sidney Lumet films. Interestingly, Lumet directed a film called Before the Devil Knows You're Dead this year, which may be a contender come the awards season.

Speaking of which, the National Board of Review of Motion Pictures announced their annual awards a few days ago. The Best Picture went to Joel and Ethan Coen's "No Country For Old Men, " certainly a movie I'm dying to see. This year, Paul Thomas Anderson has a movie. Tim Burton's new film seems strong. Sean Penn's movie is getting a lot of recognition. "Michael Clayton" is for sure one of the best debut films you'll ever see.


So it's exciting to look forward to so many interesting movies. The problem is, will I be able to see them all in Korea? For that reason alone, I'm going to have to plan a trip to the States next month. :)

Comments

Popular Posts