A week away from the production in Singapore. The movie is called DANCE OF THE DRAGON and it stars the Korean star Jang Hyuk of "Windstruck", Jason Scott Lee of "Dragon" and Fann Wong of "Shanghai Knights." It's an unusual project in the sense that it truly has an international cast.

I got involved because Arclight Films (which handles international sales and distribution) introduced me to the project. Arclight is the company that wants to get involved in EXPATS. Anyhow, originally it was going to be about a Chinese young man but reading it, I suggested the lead be Korean. It's such a universal story that I thought it would work. The talented director/writer Max Mannix was open to my idea and we went ahead and cast Jang Hyuk, who turns out to be a gift. We know he'd make an excellent ballroom dancer. Yes, that's right. He'll play a ballroom dancer from Korea.

Anyhow, I'm flying over to Singapore this week and this should be exciting. Even though I'm not directing, it's also nerve-wrecking for me.

It will, I'm sure, inspire me for my own movie. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for recommending Jang Hyuk to be in this movie. He would make an excellent dancer.

Hopefully u can post some of the set photos, looking forward to see.

Tks!

Popular Posts