Just finished watching the first season of the Sopranos. Cannot believe why it's taken so long for me to finally watch this. Especially when two of my actors from TOO TIRED TO DIE (Michael Imperioli and Aida Turturro) starred in it.

It made me miss a lot about New York. Especially, those NY coffees (in this case, NJ coffee) in "We Are Happy to Serve You" cups.
Back then, coffee was coffee. There was no non-sense lingo like "white vanilla mocca" or "americano." Or tall or grande. You just ask for regular coffee and it meant plain coffee with milk and two sugars in those beautiful NY cups.

Culture is always changing but it's sad to see what's dying. Starbucks or Coffee Bean can be convenient. With its Wi-Fi and nice decos, life can be so hip and up-to-date. But it seems to lack the human touch.

In retrospect, "The Sopranos" seems to have signaled the beginning of the end of an era.

Now, I'm looking forward to the rest of the show (5 more seasons to go) but man, that's serious commitment of my life. I guess I shouldn't even think about dating a girl for the next few weeks. :)

Comments

Popular Posts