I saw Ang Lee last night. At the Focus Features party. He looked tired or nervous. Maybe both. But he said he just wanted to get over with all this. Will he win tonight? I hope so. His win will mean a great deal not only to Asian American filmmakers but also any other minority filmmaker. I think he will be the first non-white male filmmaker to win the director award. Last night was the highlight of my world tour. I hooked up with Jeffrey Wright again and we went to Chateau Marmont where the real action was taking place. I said hello to Philip Seymour Hoffman. I had a long talk with Matt Dillon who actually gave me his number to send him my script (I know he's probably too old for Jeremy but hey, who's to say such a thing?). I shook hands with Sienna Miller without knowing who she was. Then I exchanged eye contact with Lindsay Lohan while thinking, "man, she's grown up now!" It was surely surreal. I felt out of place. But hey, this could be my reality sooner or later. Tomorrow I'm off to Tokyo. My last stop before the journey ends. I hope this results in EXPATS becoming a reality.

Comments

Anonymous said…
God...
Philip Seymour Hoffman after Jared Harris is my alltime fav....
So happy he won the oscar... I kept thinking "philip philip philip" and when they announced he won... YAY! I just jumped and threw pillows in the air... I think I broke sumtin coz I heard sumtin crash....

But anyways.... I'm going into the movie business xD
Oh you bet I'll try some auditions... even being a biotechnology student I sure will try my luck in acting once I'm in the US

Hugs

Minerva
Unknown said…
Yes, I'm happy for Philip, too. Now let's hope Jared will get his chance.

Trying acting? That's a tough field but hey, good luck! When are you going to the States?

Popular Posts