Happy Bastille Day!

Once upon a time, I was a Francophile. July 14th used to mean a lot to me. I even dreamt that I was in the revolution in my past life. Nowadays, it's just another day in summer.

Summer nights can be sometimes unbearable in Korea. Man, it's hot and humid. I see why people drink a lot here. What else can one do here? :)

Two nights ago, I had a drink with Kim Ki-Duk, probably the best-known Korean director in the West. He also happens to be the world's most prolific and energetic director. In the past 5 years I've been trying to get EXPATS off the ground, he's made more than 6 movies. This guy just keeps making movies like we breathe air. I'm so jealous. No financing? No problem. No cast? No problem. Even the other night, he shot some stuff for his next movie while doing research. So I can't have any excuse. You just gotta make it. He truly inspires me.

Comments

Popular Posts