Back in New York. I must be the world's poorest jet-setter. :)

I came out here to meet Yul Vazquez. Who's he? He's an awesome Cuban American actor. You might recognize him from BAD BOYS 2. You'll also see him in Spielberg's WAR OF THE WORLDS. Mostly, he's known in theater as a member of LAByrinth Theater. He's currently in an off-Broadway play called THE LAST DAYS OF JUDAS ISCARIOT written by Stephen Adly Guirgis and directed by Philip Seymour Hoffman. He'll be in EXPATS to play Captain Cicero, a sleazy U.S. Army officer.

Anyhow, last Sunday, I finally met him (he's also friends with my producer Pliny Porter) as a bunch of us went out for a drink after the show. Jeffrey Wright also joined us. The funny thing was, Philip Seymour Hoffman's girlfriend Mimi O'Donnell (she's a costume designer) was telling me her brothers live in Pusan, Korea where we're to shoot our movie. I don't know how many expats live in Pusan but what are the odds? She said she would come visit us on the set (as well as her brothers). Maybe she can be our costume designer? We'll see. Either way, I guess we'll have many visitors this summer.

Comments

Popular Posts