They say moviemaking is all about waiting. By now, I should be used to it. Well, it's not like I'm used to it. I have no other choice.

So what am I waiting for? A lot of things. What I went through to make TOO TIRED TO DIE... I'm experiencing the same thing all over again. Supposedly it should be easier, right? I mean, I've done two features. But they say you're only as good as your last picture. Since my last picture wasn't exactly a huge success, I feel like I'm starting from the scratch. Anyhow, I'm wiser. I feel like I'm more seasoned. Business as usual. But it's still exciting.

When I finished the script last year, I thought I was going to shoot it early this year. That certainly wasn't the case. I had to do a rewrite. Now we're aiming for April 2004. Can we make it? I hope so.

At least, I trust my producer's ability to get things done. We're doing it as a Korean/Canadian/UK co-production. It means we're not going to hire too many Americans. According to my producer, it makes financial sense. As for me, as long as we get the money to make the film, I don't care where it comes from.

As of now, financing is coming together and we made an offer to a well-known actor. I think I'm going to jinx it if I mention his name. Or is it unethical to mention it? I have no idea. All I can say, we're waiting to hear back from him and/or his agents. I'll reveal his name once he makes his decision.

Meanwhile, I gotta think about a way to revive my homepage. Could be an exciting forum in which I can chronicle the making of EXPATS as it happens. I'm actually surprised the AOL site is still on. It's been a while since I was a subscriber of AOL. Also, I gotta get used to this blog thing.

By the way, I'm addicted to netflix.com right now. I upgraded my membership to 8 titles. That means, every night, I stay up until 5 in the morning, watching movies, listening to commentaries, and going through every single special feature stuff. A great distraction at this moment. Tonight, I think I'm going to watch THE GUNS OF NAVARONE.

Comments

Popular Posts