Finally, finally. I finished the script. At least for now. I won't touch it again unless Ed Norton wants his character to be more complex or a studio executive wants a car chase in it. Hahaha. I feel strong about this version. I already sent it out to a few people. A producer friend of mine told me he pitched it to Artisan and they seemed to respond to it. I told him to describe it as a cross between TRUE ROMANCE and LOCK, STOCK, TWO SMOKING BARRELS. But now I think about it, it's all wrong. It's gotta be, TRUE ROMANCE meets SNATCH with kimchi flavor. Man, I'm selling out big time, ain't I? More than anything else, I'm glad it's now down to 128 pages from 145. I can't believe I thought about walking away with such a long script. Who was I thinking I was? Kubrick? Now, the real battle begins. Let's get the money and shoot!

When it comes to politics, I'm neither liberal or conservative. I just have no opinion. But this Iraq thing... I just don't understand. All I can say is, I just hope Bush knows what he's doing. If he's a lunatic as some (or the rest of the world) say he is, then, America should do something about it. If his action is really justified, then, let's hope there will be few civilian casualties.

Oh, good news for those who wanted e-dreams on DVD. We're finally making the special edition of "e-dreams." I'm supposed to go up to Boston next week to meet with Joseph Park who's currently at Harvard Business School and we'll do an audio commentary together. It'll be my first audio commentary. I'll have to make sure it'll be entertaining and informative. Many of these audio tracks are often boring. I'm not going to let that happen to my film.

Gee, I'm so chatty today. Oh, it's the Oscar week. I hope THE PIANIST wins. No, I haven't even seen it but I'd rather Polanski wins than the Weinsteins. I'm also rooting for THE HOURS because, even though Miramax has the foreign rights to it, producer Scott Rudin apparently hates Harvey Weinstein. Remember at the Golden Globes, he deliberately didn't mention his name in his thank-yous. I thought that was classic. What do I have against him? Maybe he's a really nice guy but there's something about him I just don't... Okay, I met him a few times and I'm sure he doesn't remember who I am but he was very sleazy especially toward my female friend I was with. You know, I just hope I'll be able to keep making movies without having to deal with him. We'll see. Maybe someday I'll be the loudest cheerleader for Miramax.

Comments

Popular Posts