It's already February. Time really flies. I came back to New York a month ago. Toward the end of my stay in Korea, things got really really interesting. I'm sure all of you have heard about what's going on in Korea these days. For a while I was worried because I plan to do my next movie in Korea and I have other projects relating to Korea. But I realized it shouldn't keep me from doing what I'm supposed to do. To make movies.

I'm still tweaking my script. The past 2 months, I've been lazy. Or distracted. No more writer's block as an excuse. I just will get it done.

Saw two very good movies last weekend. CITY OF GOD and LOST IN LA MANCHA. The former is a gripping Brazilian film about the gang war in the slums of Rio. It was very stylish but it wasn't distracting. There was this really powerful scene where a 9 year old boy bursts into crying because he just got shot in the foot. I know this scene will stay with me for a long time. As a filmmaker, I was just humbled. The second movie is a must-see for filmmakers and film lovers. Truly inspiring and depressing. If Terry Gilliam's movie falls apart just like that, then, it could happen to any of us. In fact, it motivated me. What am I doing now, stuck in the writing process? The battle hasn't even started. Stop bitching, Wonsuk and make a movie!

Comments

Popular Posts