Late Sunday night. Rather early Monday morning. It was a quiet weekend. Friday evening, I finally spoke to the producer. I thought he would be back in Los Angeles from Toronto but it turned out he called from New York through his development executive in LA. I just love this kind of a double bi-coastal conference call (whatever that means). Anyhow, he didn't butcher the script. It seems to me that the changes I need to make are minor. I don't know how long it would take but I'm somehow confident I can get it done in 2 weeks. Then, I thought I would finish the first draft in 3 months while it actually took a year and half. On a separate note, I heard the most expensive Korean film ever made ("The Resurrection of the Little Match Girl" - $9 million) bombed big time at box office over the weekend in Korea. This will create a huge backlash. An investor I know is already considering pulling out of the film biz. I don't think it's going to affect my film (well, I'm making an American film, right?) but I'm still concerned. This somehow reminds me of the dot com boom and bust. Funny, I just made a movie about that.

Comments

Popular Posts