My Favorite Movies of 2011

Okay. I'm not a critic. Not a film blogger. Or I do not see every movie out there. I'm just a filmmaker who loves movies. 


I don't necessarily believe in "best movies" but it's a fun exercise to put together some of the favorite movies I saw this year. As you can see, it's very US-centric. Was it a strong year for American movies or do I just prefer them?


Since I travel a lot and am based in Seoul most of the time, I based this list on the films I saw this year some of which were released in the States last year. Like I said, it's for fun. Let me know what you think.


My Ten Favorite Movies of 2011 (In Alphabetical Order)


Blue Valentine (Derek Cianfrance, 2010 USA)

Bridesmaids (Paul Feig, 2011 USA)
Contagion (Steven Soderbergh, 2011 USA)
Drive (Nicolas Winding Refn, 2011 USA)
The Fighter (David O. Russell, 2010 USA)
The Ides of March (George Clooney, 2011 USA)
Melancholia (Lars von Trier, 2011 Denmark, Sweden, France, Germany)
Midnight in Paris (Woody Allen, 2011 Spain, USA)
The Skin I Live In (Pedro Almodovoar, 2011 Spain)
Waiting For 'Superman' (Davis Guggenheim, 2010 USA)

My Favorite Movies of 2011 If I Make Them Twenty (In Alphabetical Order)

Another Year (Mike Leigh, 2010 UK)
The Adventures of Tintin (Steven Spielberg, 2011 USA, New Zealand)
Arirang (Kim Ki-duk, 2011, Korea)
Beginners (Mike Mills, 2010 USA)
The Day He Arrives (Hong Sang-soo, 2011 Korea)
I Wish (Hirokazu Koreeda, 2011 Japan)
In a Better World (Susanne Bier, 2010 Denmark, Sweden)
Like Crazy (Drake Doremus, 2011 USA)
Moneyball (Bennett Miller, 2011 USA)
Source Code (Duncan Jones, 2011 USA, France)

Comments

Popular Posts