1982. 1983.

Those years were important in my life in that I started watching movies more seriously. One of the first films which made a huge impact for me was Raiders of the Lost Ark. Another one that deeply moved me was Tootsie.




Some 26 years later, the fourth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise opened and a week later, Sydney Pollack, the director of Tootsie is dead.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... What can I say? Honestly, I was quite disappointed when I went to see it on the opening day. How could it be disappointing? I was in denial. Then, I started accepting the nature of life. It's okay to be disappointed. It sucks and I'm okay with it. With that in mind, I went to see it again. And you know what? I had a blast. Moviegoing is an experience. Just like I could enjoy cheap food depending on the mood. Not that Indy 4 is a cheap food. It's quite expensive. I'm actually going to see it again next week with one of my childhood friends who went to see the first one with me. It would be an experience. It's about looking back at our lives. The way we were...

And goes Mr. Pollack. His death came as a shock because I thought he was in good shape in Michael Clayton. Though I didn't dig his latest movies, how can one not love Tootsie and Three Days of Condor?

Looking at his filmography, I realize he made the latter at the age of 40. So I should feel good about myself. I have so much to give and so much to live.

Never got to meet you but Mr. Pollack, thanks so much for those wonderful films of yours. I am where I am part thanks to you. Have a wonderful after-life up there!!!


Comments

Popular Posts